CareersSHADES of Development is an equal opportunity employer. Pay rates are based on experience and education. SHADES of Development offers part-time positions as Assistant Directors, Out-of-School Time (OST) Specialists, Lead and Assistant PreK Teachers and Substitutes. For more information about employment opportunities, please e-mail a resume and letter of intent to Stacey@SHADESofDevelopment.org or mail a resume and letter of intent to the Central Office at 6701 West Emory Road, Knoxville, TN 37931. Site location information can be found on the Contact Us page.
PreK Lead Teachers (Sam E. Hill and Fair Garden)
The hours are from 12:30 - 5:00pm M-F. Candidates must be eligible to work between 12:30 and 5:00pm M-F. Experience working in Preschool and a CDA or Bachelor's degree in a child related field is required.
PreK Assistant Teachers
The hours are from 12:30-5:00pm M-F. Candidates must be eligible to work between 12:30-5:00 M-F. Expereince working in Preschool is required.
Out-of-School Time (OST) Academic Specialists
Join SHADES of Development as we play, laugh and learn together with children. There is nothing more satisfying than making a positive impact on a child life. Inquire about joining the SHADES team today!
- The hours are from 2:00-6:00pm M-F. Candidates must be available to between 2:00-6:00pm M-F
- Candides must have expereince working with children Kindergarten through 5th grade and a Bachelor's Degree in a child related field.
- The hours are from 2:00-6:00pm M-F. Candidates must be available to work between 2:00-6:00pm M-F.
- Candidates must have expereince working with children, be 18 years or older and a high school graduate.
- Folks interested in working with children, but can not commit to Monday through Friday hours may apply for a substitute position. Substitute positions are a great way to get experience working with children and get your foot in the door as a staff member. SHADES works hard to place substitutes in more permanent positions as schedules align and openings present themselves.
All staff members work extended hours on in-service days.
All Staff members must clear a background check and drug test.